By simply capturing water on a1500 square foot surface, a household can reduce their water bill by 50% and save 43,000 gallons of water a year!
What are the benefits to Rainwater Harvesting?
- A good source of water during a seasonal drought.
- Can reduce the volume of storm water run-off, lessen the impact on erosion and decrease the load on storm sewers. This will keep potential storm water pollutants out of the city’s rivers,groundwater, and streets.
- Great for landscape irrigation and reduces the demand for limited surface and groundwater supplies.
- Helps utilities reduce the summer demand peak of water treatment plants.
- Saving Money! Operating costs for rain water harvesting systems are substantially lower than the cost for purchasing water from the centralized city water systems.
- The Texas Manual on Rainwater Harvesting, developed by the Texas Water Development Board, outlines some the advantages and benefits of for harvesting rainwater.